Relax And Enjoy The Bounties of Spring With This Tasty CBD Rhubarb Cake Recipe
Despite its somewhat strange appearance, rhubarb makes for some fantastic sweet treats every spring and summer. What better way to treat yourself to some of nature’s goodness than with…some of nature’s goodness? We’ve added our Fresh Orange CBD Oil Tincture to this recipe, so you can gain some of the calming effects while you indulge in this delectable springtime treat. It’s fluffy and light and packs some serious fruit and tart flavor. It’s even vegan! Let’s get right to it.
What You’ll Need
- Baking Paper
- 20 x 30cm sheet pan
- A small or medium pot
- ¼ tsp bi-carb soda
- 150 ml olive oil
- 16 servings of CBD tincture oil
- 1/12 tsp baking powder
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 365 ml soy milk
- 30g flax meal
- 400g or one bunch of rhubarb
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60g caster sugar
The Baking Begins!
- Line your pan with your baking paper and preheat your oven to about 180°C
- Be sure to peel your rhubarb before you begin. Prior to cooking the rhubarb until it’s soft, you’ll want to cut it into pieces that will be perfectly sized for your pan. Soak these cut pieces in your lemon juice and sugar. Cook them until they are tender
- Mix your soy milk, vanilla, and sugar into a bowl and heat it until the sugar has melted.
- While that is being heated, mix 8tbsp of water with the flax meal. Once it has absorbed all the water, add the above-mentioned milk mixture and the rest of the cake ingredients. You’ll want to mix these all until they are pretty smooth.
- Pour this mixture into your sheet pan.
- Top with your prepared rhubarb and bake for roughly 25 to 30 minutes.
Note: This recipe was inspired by Victoria’s here.